Flights to Lefkada
We are delighted to be able to provide flights, at an additional cost, to Lefkada (Preveza) from Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester within the UK. We can also offer flights to Corfu, onward ferry transfer to Igoumenitsa and then car rental or private transfer to Lefkada. We can also offer flights, car rental or transfers from Thessaloniki and Athens. Please ask your Travel Expert for details.
Reminiscent of Corfu thirty years ago, Lefkada is green and mountainous, the hillsides and valleys dotted with old villages where the passage of time has barely left a mark.
The small seaside towns and villages of the east coast, some of them lying at the head of fjord-like inlets, are known for their safe anchorages and abundance of fish restaurants. The cliffs of the west coast, however, often make the startlingly white beaches that punctuate the dramatic coastline almost inaccessible. Not so at Agios Nikitas, however, on the northwest shoulder of Lefkada. There a small and quite traditional Greek seaside village has access to several superb beaches, one of the finest of which is known to beach aficionados from all over the world for its blatantly gorgeous beauty. The seaside village of Vassiliki in the south, flanked by mountains, has become known as the finest windsurfing centre in Greece, if not in Europe. A holiday in this lovely, and still very unspoilt ‘island’, is bound to focus on the sea and all its possibilities for enjoyment.
Lefkada is unique amongst the Ionian Islands in that it not only repays exploration when it comes to scenery of a diverse and exceptionally beautiful nature, it also has much to offer in the field of sports on land or sea.
• The west coast beaches are outstandingly beautiful, with several rated amongst the ten best in Greece. Not always easy to access, their pristine beauty remains largely unspoilt
• There are fantastic sea sport opportunities including:
Kitesurfing: Milos Beach in the north. The mid-summer tournament attracts international competitors and is spectacular to take part in or watch due to highspeed local winds
Windsurfing: Vassiliki in the south is rated as a world-class windsurfing centre
Paragliding: Take off from the hill of Kathisma for an exhilarating flight and landing on the beach below
Scuba Diving: Centres at Nidri and Vassiliki
Water-skiing and Wake Boarding: Centres at Nidri
• Hiking and mountain biking enthusiasts will enjoy the scenery at Syvros, with its lovely natural springs and waterfalls
• Rent a boat or hire a skipper with his boat to explore the islands and fjords of the east coast – great for a memorable fish lunch in one of the small harbours, or explore caves and enjoy some great snorkelling
• Visit the town of Lefkada, with its narrow pedestrian alleys, traditional coloured houses, and many churches. The colourful International Folklore Festival takes place here every August
• Visit the mountain village of Karya for local embroidery and village produce
• Take a boat trip to the beautiful neighbouring island of Meganissi
Clients to Lefkada have commented...
I wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our holiday in Lefkada. We had a very happy time and loved the experience of being on a new island. We were quite intrepid and explored a few of the islands (by boat) and went to a couple of the southern beaches. The rest of the time we spent locally - or by the pool.
Anki was a very good rep and gave us lots of suggestions which we were happy to follow.
All in all we had a great time. Thank you for all your help in setting it up. Hope to be in touch next year!