Flights to Corfu
We are delighted to continue to offer our CV Travel charter flights to Corfu from London Gatwick. We can also provide flights from regional airports within the UK. Please ask your consultant for details.
Idyllic coastline, undulating olive groves and ancient villages... the heartland of CV Travel.
There are mountains where eagles soar and rare orchids flourish, and there is the beautiful and bustling capital, Corfu Town, with sophisticated shopping and cosmopolitan restaurants. The coastline is idyllic and fascinating in its variety, sheltering rocky coves and opening out into long sandy beaches, while much of the interior is covered with a sea of a different kind – a vast swell of undulating olive groves from which ancient villages emerge like isolated islands.
Our portfolio of villas in Corfu is carefully selected to make it possible to stay in the Corfu of your choice. When it is time to leave, reluctantly, you will take with you a determination to return.
North East Coast
This is where it all started 40 years ago for CV Travel, known then as Corfu Villas. An area of incredible natural beauty where bays and coves of clean white pebbles nestle between rocky promontories. Enchanting bays such as Agni, Kaminaki, Yialiskari and St Stephano are now the backdrop to numerous handsome villas, the best of which feature in CV Travel’s portfolio. The beauty of the region remains undiminished, and a holiday here is an uncomplicated affair. There can surely be no better way to unwind than to potter about in a boat, dropping into a small cove for a long and very lazy meal, relaxing at the end of the day with a drink on the villa terrace, dining under the stars at some pleasant local restaurant. Water sports and dinghy sailing can be enjoyed in ideal conditions.
The Ropa Valley and Central Corfu
The centre of Corfu is defined to the north by the Ropa Valley. Ringed by low hills and barred to the north by the grey limestone wall of Mount Pantocrator, this is a fertile agricultural area. The Ropa Valley itself, of course, is home to the highly recommended Corfu Golf and Country Club, with its fine 18-hole golf course. South of Corfu Town, the island is hilly and graced by some of Corfu’s loveliest villages, from where it is a pleasant drive through wooded scenery to the glorious west coast beaches.
There is no denying that anyone seeking an escape from a busy life, will be content to relax by the pool or on the beach without ever picking up the car keys or opening a map, but it would be a pity to leave Corfu without exploring at least one of its many diversions. A few ideas are listed below:
• A visit to Corfu Town for some sophisticated shopping, a special lunch or dinner, and a glimpse of Corfu’s history. The Old Town of Corfu is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a short walk soon reveals just how much it deserves this award
• Sample the cultural life of Corfu with concerts and recitals of all kinds during July, August and September
• Visit Albania for a day or more – Butrint is one of the Mediterranean’s finest archaeological sites, while a visit to the medieval Ottoman town of Gjirokastro is fascinating in a different way • Drive up to the top of Mt Pantocrator for spectacular views; explore the mountain villages where a lunch with local produce is not to be missed
• Explore the photo opportunities of Corfu’s many beautiful villages
• Relax over a leisurely meal of fresh fish at Agni, Boukari, Ag. Georgios Pagi, or at one of the southern most beaches
• Visit the Byzantine castle of Angelokastro for a spot of history and drama – imaginative children love it
• Play golf; horse ride through quiet countryside; learn the basics of dinghy sailing and water-skiing; soar above the sea on a parachute or dive below its surface on a scuba diving expedition
• Enjoy walking and wild flowers in early and late season
Ferry Connections: For those of you travelling via Mainland Greece or Italy, CV Travel can also organise ferry crossings direct to Corfu from Patras, Bari and Venice. Please ask your Sales Consultant for details and prices.