Sea, mountains, sophistication…
Ever since the Romans colonised the South of France and spent days lounging around their heated pools, the region has conjured up an image of glamour and elegance. There are stunningRiviera towns, a mountainous hinterland dotted with hilltop villages, fine wines, fragrant olive oil, and exceptional views to enjoy. The towns along the Côte d’Azur enjoy individual characteristics; the large city of Nice, vibrant and multi-cultured; Antibes with its fortified walls, museums and covered market; Juan-les-Pins with its fashionable nightclubs and casino, and Cannes whose Haute Ville offers breathtaking views to the Lérins Islands, its Vieux Port bobbing with fishing boats, brimming with restaurants and its famous promenade, La Croisette.
Further down the coast, the fishing village of Saint Tropez has been synonymous with the ‘jet set’ ever since artists, writers and show business stars fell under its spell in the 1950s. These days it truly is ‘the’ place to people gaze and view the big boats from one of the famous quayside cafés. Inland, the lovely medieval village of Mougins is set amongst pine, olive and cypress trees, home to a number of world renowned restaurants, whilst Grasse, the perfume capital of France, enjoys tree lined avenues and traditional architecture. CV Travel villas are to be found in both coastal and inland locations along this famous coastline.
• An early evening stroll along ‘ La Croisette’ in Cannes
• An invigorating walk with great views of the coast along the cliffs at Esterel
• A boat trip to Les iles de Lerins, just outside the Bay of Cannes
• Take in Antibes market and visit the Picasso museum on the sea front
• Spend a day at Pampelonne Beach in Saint-Tropez
• A day out to the George du Verdon, take a picnic and relax
• Shopping and lunch in Saint-Tropez
• See the Roman ruins at Frejus
• Local culinary specialities: bouillabaisse, pistou, olives, tapenade, rose wine